Game Design Ed's GDC Scavenger Hunt Match-3 Bingo Adventure of Fun and Thoughtful Reflection
Are you going to GDC this year? If so, let's play a game!
Game Design Ed's GDC Scavenger Hunt Match-3 Bingo Adventure of Fun and Thoughtful Reflection.
A little wordy, perhaps.
Allow me to break it down...
1. GDC: It takes place at GDC 2015, which runs from March 2nd-6th.
2. Scavenger Hunt: It's a scavenger hunt. At the conference, you will go around, find various things, and take pictures of them.
3. Match-3: You need to complete 3 adjacent squares vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
4. Bingo: It's similar to Bingo. There's a card that has the things you need to get written on it. But you only need to complete 3 squares, not 5 like in normal Bingo.
5. Adventure of Fun: Or at least I hope you have fun!
6. Adventure of Thoughtful Reflection: I have included some things under the hashtags for you to think about that will hopefully help you as you interact with other attendees at GDC 2015!
Here's the board!
Here's a nice little image on how to play.
So here's what you do.
1. Find the people/things on the game board. For example, "Audio Guy." Find a guy who does audio.
2. Take pictures of them.
4. Think about the questions I ask under the corresponding hashtag. These would be great discussion topics!
5. If you complete 3 squares vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, you win! The first 25 players to win will receive a deck of Monarch Playing Cards by Theory 11. You can pick up your deck of cards from March 4th-6th at YETi CGI's booth: GDC Play Booth #PL601.