Happy holidays, everyone! This is Game Design Ed! I want to invite you to join me in the HOLIDAY CARD GAME JAM, the first ever Game Design Ed game jam!
In the Holiday Card Game Jam, participants will design their very own card games!
How to Participate:
- Create your very own card game with a standard 52-card deck (you can use Jokers too)
- Record a video of you explaining the rules and playing your game
- Please keep the video under 10 minutes long
- Extra bonus points for including the reasons why you included certain rules, mechanics, and game elements
- Post the video to social media
- Have Fun! There are no winners or losers. Game Design Ed's game jams are opportunities to design games, learn something, connect with other budding game designers, and have a great time.
GAME DESIGN ED'S ADVICE
Design a game prototype. That is, create a game that can be tested.
Playtest it with your family and friends over your holiday break!
Make note of what works and what does not
Make changes to your game prototype
Repeat steps 2-4 until you have a fun game!
- How many players?
- How many cards are dealt?
- Do player’s draw cards?
- Do they discard?
- Are there teams?
- What’s the win condition?
- What’s the lose condition?
- What information is hidden in your game? Why?
- What information is revealed in your game? Why?
- Is there a meta-game?
- Is your game too complicated?